Proceed with caution. Search Engine Optimization isn’t an easy industry and requires a lot of time and hard work for your website to reap in any rewards. As an experienced web developer I have encountered working with SEO on a regular basis and all that hard work implementing SEO can go out the window if you lose motivation or don’t do something right. SEO is definitely more about trial and error and the more you get wrong at the start the less you will get wrong as you go along.
The following 5 tips won’t help you master SEO but they will definitely give you the chance to succeed.
- Your content is key – Make sure all of your content is well written in perfect English with no spelling errors because search engines determine your ranking with the quality of your content.
- Deep linking is vital – When you have quality content other websites and blogs will link to your website so then search engines will recognize the fact your content is being linked elsewhere therefore you will be ranked higher.
- Submitting your website is important – Submit your website or blog to as many blogs, directories, social networks and other means of submissions as possible. Search engines will take into account how many back links your website or blog has and rank you accordingly.
- Regularly update your website – Not only should all of your content be well written and unique but you should also spend time on a daily basis (if possible) to add and update more content on your site.
- Use different titles and meta tags – When creating new pages for your blog or website you should be creating new titles and using different keywords otherwise search engines may class your content as spam and you’ll not be ranked too well.
These tips won’t make you a SEO master overnight but if you are careful and implement these tips as much as possible you will get there one day!